English is all about communication – which is listening, interpreting, viewing as well as talking. A key feature of thinking is the use of language – we cannot think without words. Our thoughts are defined by language and our wisdom via literacy.
- Students develop their language skills through activities involving speaking and listening, reading and writing, and viewing and representing.
- They learn about language and literature through working with a wide range of print, spoken, visual, media, multimedia and digital texts.
- They interpret and express their views on what they hear, see and read.
- They create written and digital texts, and deliver formal and informal presentations.
- There is an emphasis on grammar and the teaching of quality literature.
- We promote literacy skills – Information, Media and Technology literacies